Henry's BirthMonth started out at the
Ranger's Opening Day tailgate.
April 5th
Since several of our family members were going to be there (some from out of town), I thought it would be a good time to have a family "birthday party".
PawPaw finally got them lit and we quickly sang Happy Birthday.
Henry's actual birthday-April 12th
Since Tom goes into work so early, we woke up Henry at 6:30 to give him his present.
My parents and we gave him this train table.
At first he just stood there. Then he picked up one of the pieces and said "Broken". Ha.
After he finally woke up, he pushed the trains around the track. Whenever a sound would go off, his mouth would drop- he was awestruck!
Jenny had a great idea for Margaret to give Henry one of the pieces of the train set as her present to him. (The thought hadn't even crossed my mind)
Here is Margaret giving Henry her present:
Continued:
Love how Henry introduces the helicopter to his doggie. :)
PatPat came over later that day to give Henry an awesome musical instrument set. Henry loves music. (We'll be driving in the car and he'll recognize different instruments in songs)
She also gave him a couple of CDs of songs they use in BSF.... we listen to them all. the. time. :)
Since Tom couldn't have breakfast with us, we had breakfast for dinner. I'm thinking about making this a tradition for Henry's birthday.
After dinner, the Woods surprised Henry with ice cream.
We were supposed to go camping with our Sunday School class that weekend, but it got rained out. (Whew, we were pretty glad about that... not sure how that would have gone)
Instead we got together at the Nelsons for an evening of fellowship.
And last, but not least
April 19th
It was very hard to keep Henry away from his cake before the party. I totally stole the idea of this cake off someone else's blog.
-1.JPG)
-1.JPG)
-1.JPG)
Some dog-ish touches
Party favor bags included some caramel "pupcorn", dog stickers, and bubbles.
Each kid also got a bouncy ball
Some of the food:
Got to give Liz the credit for the "Ruff-les" idea
-1.JPG)
I had the worst time trying to think of a theme for Henry's party. Then it came to me! Henry loves, loves, loves his doggie (that Liz gave to him when he was 3 months- thanks, Liz!) so why not celebrate that love! :)
I wanted to keep it simple- a playdate party with a small group of friends... but the little details of a puppy dog party were too fun to pass up!
Some dog-ish touches
(You should have seen me trying to buy these all at once, while pushing a stroller and corralling a tired 2 year old)
Some of the food:
What did they win?? A rocking paw print stamp on the hand! (I had to make it seem exciting so the kids would think it was cool... Henry loves stamps, but I wasn't sure about the other kids)
Brinley and Ava enjoying their lunch
Audrey coloring in a Dog coloring book
Megan was such a great help with Margaret!
(I'm exhausted)
5 comments:
Ok, I think this might be your longest post ever! I love the videos, especially the one of Henry blowing out the candles! I am sitting here laughing like I wasn't there while it happened. I might watch it 3 or 4 more times before I go to bed. Way to be a supermom and amaze me once again. Henry is a lucky little boy!
That was the cutest birthday party! I love it all :) I've already started having visions of Corinne's next birthday party and she is not quite even 18 months old :) Not really, but kinda ;)
Holy Cow, not only is it one of your longest posts ever, but one of your best! Besides the one announcing Margaret Gray! : ) Henry was simply the cutest birthday boy, thanks for all those videos showing every inch of his adorable cuteness! And your decorations were so YOU! I love all the little touches like the clothespin paw print over each picture, and the red and blue balls, love it! We wish so much that we could have been there to see it all in person! Bekah and I watched that "happy candles" video two times, she couldn't get enough of that cutie patootie!
wow! I AM exhausted now! :) what a fun month! Again, another PRECIOUS party!! Soo cute with all the special and creative touches! Happy Birthday Henry!!
I love this post!! The video of Henry thanking "sister" and introducing his doggie to the helicopter is adorable! What a great month of birthday celebrations! You did such a great job at the Texas Ranger party and his doggie party!!
Post a Comment