Sunday, April 3, 2011

Opening Day 2011

Opening Day festivities started early this year.

PawPaw started the tailgate around 8ish. We arrived at 10, and luckily there was still some pancakes available on the grill.

We were lucky to have the Whiteside and the New Orleans' Louis families in attendance this year... along with about 20 other people.


Alice, Evie, and Margaret enjoyed fingerplay time with PatPat


Evie and Henry munching on donuts


Kate, PatPat, Jenny, me, and Mary Pat


Rousing game of knockout


Margaret found dessert and poked her fingers in 3 pineapple empanadas


PawPaw presented prizes to some lucky attendees




Game time wasn't until 3 this year.

Around 2, we headed up to the ballpark.

MG fell asleep on the trek up to the ballpark, only to be awaken by some excited fans.




The kids were troopers.

Before the game even started, Henry was asking to go home and take a nap.

Margaret would act like she was going to fall asleep, then get really restless.

Let's just say that we didn't spend the whole game in our seats.

Walking down the really long ramp to the 1st floor (3 times and riding the escalator back up to the 3rd deck) provided some entertainment.

Food also served as a distraction.


Have I mentioned how incredibly H.O.T. it was sitting in the blazing sun?!?!







Great game. Rangers won. We all left happy.
Margaret fell asleep again on the way back to the car.



But woke up to enjoy some more cousin play time back at the tailgate site.


Family pic 2008- I know I've posted this pic before- gets me every time. whoa.

No wonder my shirt fits funny.


I wanted to get a pic of the whole family before we left.

I set the camera up on the trailer.

Ran.

Noticed Alice was just standing there.

Tried to pick her up.


Retake.


Ummm.. I think it was around 7.

Henry was pretending to snore.


Since we hadn't had dinner, we picked some up and joined the rest of the family at PawPaw and PatPat's.

Got home around 9:45.

I had been nervous about the kids not getting naps. It worked out, though.

We had a great time.


Go Rangers.


5 comments:

Elizabeth Delaney said...

I'm about to pee my pants laughing.
Too funny. So many great memories - I think you should start hanging the family picture up every year down your hall so you can watch your family grow.

Kristen said...

I am pretty sure that you and Tom have the funnest family in the whole world! Can I be apart of your family?! Looks like yall had a great (and LONG!) day!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE MG's romper! So cute. I agree that I want to join in on the Louis family events :). Looks like fun!

Cassie said...

you guys never cease to amaze me with your energy, bravery, and fun! makes me want to be a rangers fan! :)

Mary Pat said...

Great job documenting the day! Such a fun weekend!!