Friday, January 13, 2012

Piggie Party

After Margaret's 1st birthday party, I swore off parties.... cleaning my house is hard enough, much less having a party here.
Well, call me a sucker, but I couldn't help but invite some friends over and celebrate her birth.

She and "Piggie" are inseparable, so we gave her a Piggie Party.



I had this "great" idea of having the kids finger paint with mud (chocolate pudding)...

... but instead they used Cocoa Pebbles/glue for their pig picture.... much cleaner.


Then we had pig races (in honor of our love for the Texas State Fair), complete with blue ribbons for the kids.
Had to get on the pig noses
(camera was on a weird setting so most of the pics stink)






I meant to group the kids by age/ sex and have the races that way, but instead it was a free-for-all, and the kids had a blast.
I have a video, but I'm having trouble uploading videos these days.

After the races, we played Pin the Nose on the Piggie.
Henry gave a little help to the honoree.
Her messy hair went right along with the theme :)

Piggie Pie for everyone!

And dessert...
(Thanks, Amy, for the idea)
Dirt... Mud... you get the idea...

Singing Happy Birthday



Opening Presents


(That's MG inside the bag)
It was a great party!!
(MG had a wardrobe change cause we may or may not have forgotten to change her diaper and she may or may not have left a wet spot on one of the guest's laps... cut me some slack... ha!)



One last picture of Simon and his little friend, Hudson Barker.... 4 days apart :)

3 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Great job on the party!! Everything looked adorable - and it looked like everyone had a blast!

Love the picture of MG head first into the bag. Definitely didn't know that was her until I read the caption :)

Casey B said...

whoa! why is my 4 days younger son look 4 months younger? I'm getting up during the night to pig out and I still can't seem to beef him up. Poor lil' guy : (
Thanks again for having us. It was wonderful to get out of the house. I'm sure you could tell that much by the fact that we just wouldn't leave.

Cassie said...

Seriously adorable as always! You get a super mom patch for sure! I also love the bag pic, haha. And the pig races, did they get an Oreo at the end?:)