Friday, April 30, 2010

Henry at 2 years of age

I've been wanting to do a post giving facts about Henry now that he's 2.
I've been putting if off because I've wanted to take an "amazing photo" of this sweet child of mine for this post.
What was I thinking?
Did I actually think that there would be a magical moment where Henry would think "Oh, my mom wants to take a picture of me. I'm going to stop and smile for her"?
So I've given up on the picture.
And that's good thing.
The "amazing photo" would not accurately depict Henry at this stage of his life.
Here are some snapshots of my dear, dear son from this month along with some tidbits of what's going on with him.
Henry really enjoys playing hide and go seek.
He's not the best hider.
When we're playing in the backyard, he just runs to the back fence and asks "Where's Henry?"
Still loves books.
Its fun to catch him "reading"... He'll tell what's happening on certain pages.
Makes the 1st grade teacher in me very proud.

Favorite meal of the day- Breakfast.
Loves all breakfast food.
Lucky for me, enjoys cold cereal as much as he likes pancakes.
In this picture, he is eating left over CoCo Puffs from his birthday party, but usually eats Life, Wheat Chex, or Grape Nuts (he calls it "peanuts"). Henry likes a little "dirt" (brown sugar) on his cereal.


Loves it when Daddy comes home. (who doesn't??) Eating popcorn on the back porch has become a favorite past time of theirs. He also loves working out in the yard, playing basketball, throwing a ball, and reading with Tom.

Other random facts:

31 pounds; 37 3/4 inches tall

Runs fast, jumps high

Loves to look at pictures of family members and friends

Favorite fruit- apple

Favorite vegetable- broccoli (I catch Tom giving Henry his) and also likes green bell pepper (which might be a fruit)

Knows his colors and can identify most letters

Hates to brush his teeth and have his hair washed

Asks to watch Elmo 20 times a day; only watches it about 4 times a week.

Loves all modes of transportation

Does his fair share of whining/crying

Goes to bed between 7:15 and 8, wakes up between 7 and 8.

Naps are between 2-3 hours

Is no where close to being potty trained

Is currently in love with this Laurie Berkner CD that PatPat gave him. Whenever he's in a "mood", it will calm him down. Sometimes he's up, dancing with the music, sometimes he just sits at the kitchen table and listens.

Loves BSF Bible Study. He asks to go to it everyday. He's walked up to random strangers and said "Bible Study" to them. He carries around an old Peter Pan movie case, claiming it as his Bible, and tells us "ByeBye. Bible Study."

Can make a huge mess. Loves to dump out toys and keep moving. He's getting better at picking up.

The best time to get Henry on video is while in the bath.

Does pretty well counting 1-12... gets a little foggy after that :)

I look forward to what this next year holds!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Hard to believe he is 2 years old! He is so cute and lucky to have such an amazing mom! He is one smart little boy!

Amy Mc said...

We love you Henry Man! Such a cute, sweet, original little boy...and future husband to Brinley! Thats right folks, we've claimed him!

timmonstimes said...

Oh, I love this post! :)

Jenny said...

gosh that was a great post! there is so much to that special little guy! i love hearing every single bit of it! and umm . . . bekah's usually not the confrontational type ( ha! minus all the times she cries to let people know that she doesn't like what they are doing : ) )but, i do believe that henry has already been claimed! i mean, they both had puppy parties, c'mon! : )

Cassie said...

okay so I am just now watching the videos bc I am doing a post for alex and I remembered you had good ideas for topics. that henry is so smart!! i am impressed with his numbers!! and abcs!! :) whats your secret?! he is just such a cutie!!