Monday, April 26, 2010

We are Family

(sorry if the tune is stuck in your head... I don't even like that song)


This month, Henry and Margaret saw 14 out of 18 aunts and uncles and 11 out of 13 cousins. It was a very busy, but fun time seeing so many family members!
Henry gets so excited around his cousins... we've started calling it "cousin crack".
At the beginning of the month, the kids and I met Sarah and Liam at a Cracker Barrel in Waco.

The kids were so cute that an elderly man paid for our lunch!

Gotta love Cracker Barrel rocking chairs.

That week we also got to see my sister, Elizabeth, and Chris and Madeline.
They drove in to fly out of DFW to go skiing. We met them for dinner... no pics, but in order for them to be represented, I added this adorable Easter pic of Madeline and Sarah Grace :)

Ross came with Gabe, Arden, and Isabelle for Opening Day and Easter.


Next, Jack and Leigh and Jim and Alex came in town.

Jack was in town from Paris to be in a friend's wedding.
Jim and Alex came to see Jack and Leigh.

We celebrated Jack and Leigh's engagement over at the Louis'.

All of Henry's normal toys had been put away for the party so he resorted to playing with Grandmother Herndon's walker.


We are super excited for their upcoming wedding in October! Leigh is going to be a great addition to the family!



The next night we celebrated Alice's 1st birthday.
Such a happy 1 year old!!
It's been fun watching her grow this year.

Henry loves his Alice!


Alex and Jim supervised the kids jumping on the trampoline at the party.
( Alex and Jim announced their engagement when they came in town from Charlotte.
We all loved Jim and are thrilled to welcome him to the family in June!)


I think this is how Henry got a bruised eye


Margaret did her share of jumping, also.
Well, not exactly. Her feet didn't touch the floor.



The next morning, before Alex and Jim's flight, we met for breakfast.
(Oh, I forgot to mention that the Whitesides made it into town in time for Alice's party)

Evie helping Henry say "Hmmmm". These two were super cute together.

I know, Alice. Margaret's cheeks are pretty irresistible!

Evie and Alice sharing a moment.




The last installment of family was this week with Walter, Megan, and Baby Jackson (from Charlotte).

Jackson got to experience his first sink bath at PatPat and PawPaw's.
He is such a sweet little boy!




Tuesday night we celebrated Tom and Megan's birthdays.



PatPat also got her final birthday present. (We had been celebrating her birthday all month)

On the phone with her sister who lives in Oregon... PawPaw is sending her up there for a vacation.


"Hey Guys, could someone come get me?"
Kate had given me another tutorial in swaddling (I'll post those issues later) and we left Margaret there for quite some time.


Henry has become obsessed with showing his "bee-bo".




The next night we had a little photo shoot with Margaret and her new friend, Jackson

It started off well...

Then Jackson discovered Margaret's cheeks.

He had a hard time letting go.

That didn't stop the smiles.

So silly!
I can't wait to watch these two become friends.

Tom and Walter with their babies.


We have been blessed with a large family and are very thankful we got to see so many of our loved ones this month!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Haha, great title! Wow, what a whirlwind past few weeks you have had, with all your sweet famiy in town and all your social engagements! Love the pretty pics of Margaret Gray, everything from the first sweet one with jackson to the "lonely swaddle" : ).

Cassie said...

haha! cousin crack!! love it!! that IS a LOT of family! I think I need to see a family tree diagram to get it all straight! :)

Mary Pat said...

Those pictures of Jackson and Margaret are so cute!! I love the one of Evie and Henry!