Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Window Seat

The week before Margaret was born, Tom decided he wanted to build a window seat for her room. He obviously didn't have the time to do it then, and just got around to constructing it.
Here's a before picture:
You see the basket with the Boppy in it? That was hiding our Internet router and modem. So the window seat not only provides storage, but hides an eye sore. :)

Henry loved helping his daddy and it amazed me how patient Tom was with him.


Margaret joined in on "tool time", also.



Sibs playing around in our "lovely" garage.





Day 2 of construction



Painting


And now it's finished!
I need to either make a pad or just some pillows to go on top, but for picture purposes, I used the ones from her rocker.




Henry loves to climb up and jump off.


And Margaret loves it, too.










Now Tom wants to build a tree house.... we'll see.

5 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Wow! Great job Tom!! The seat looks amazing!!

I fully support the tree house operation...so your child won't be sliding off slides unattached to trees. : )

Elizabeth Delaney said...

un-freakin believable. it looks amazing! GO TOM! I think it is so cute. And Margaret!!! OMG! I can't wait to see her in person again soon- can't get over her huge smile in the seat, and her hair, and her eyes! so beautiful.

Casey B said...

I love love love the pic of Margaret grinning on her new window seat. Too cute! Oh- and big pat on the back to Tom, Doctor/Carpenter.

Jenny said...

oh my gosh, i am so impressed it is the perfect touch to your beautiful nursery! way to go tom! and speaking of beautiful, she is just beautiful sitting in her bumbo on the window seat with that huge grin on her face! what a great picture!

Megan said...

Wow!!! That looks so good!!! I am super impressed! Tell Tom to talk to Walt...he wants to build a fort in our backyard :) Jenry is as cute as ever and Margaret is absolutely beautiful!