Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shreveport, again.

Last week, the kids and I took a quick trip to Shreveport to see my aunt who was in town from Oregon.
We got into town in time to make it to Madeline's school's Fall Festival.
Madeline goes to the same elementary school that my siblings and I went to, so it was fun to return to my old stomping grounds.
Margaret and Sarah Grace
Margaret hates to be in the stroller.

We basically ate and played on the playground most of the time.



On Friday, we met up with Sarah for lunch. Since she works downtown, we brought food her way. Elizabeth picked up a pizza and we met up by the river.




Friday night, we had dinner with my grandmother, my great aunt, and Aunt Libby at another playground.
(All this eating outside made for a happy Henry, but I'm not sure he ate more than chips the whole time we were there )
Madeline said "Hey Aunt Boo! Which side weighs more?"
Me: That's a hard call.
Elizabeth: What?!?
Chris wanted to make sure I took the pic while he was in the air.
(Elizabeth will be induced Nov. 1st!)

Margaret was very serious about her playing.
At one point my aunt said she saw MG put an acorn in her mouth. I went to fish it out and the "acorn" was a Hershey's kiss. This girl can sniff out chocolate already!

Love this pic!



And here's my Aunt Libby with her great nieces and nephews.

Saturday morning, we drove back.

It was kinda crazy, but worth seeing my aunt... she's a pretty special lady.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

looks like fun! but what happened to MG eye?! did I miss something?

rebekah l. louis said...

ah, cassie... who knows what is wrong. she has a clogged tear duct and when she's congested, it gets bad... but i'm not sure why it got so inflamed around the bottom lid. it's looking better, though. she looked pretty rough.

Mary Pat said...

Glad you guys had fun! That's a really cute picture of you and MG. And the picture of Chris and Elizabeth is funny.