Saturday, November 13, 2010

Zoo

Tom took off a Friday since he was going to have to work Saturday and Sunday.
We took the opportunity to go to the zoo as a family.










Henry is usually pretty anxious about the lions.
Before we went that day, we told Henry that the lion might want to say "hi" to him and not to be scared.
I asked Henry what the lion's name was and he said, "Big Lion Louis".

Well, Big Lion Louis did have a hearty hello for us.
With fear in his eyes, Henry held it together and then said, "Go see elephants."
"If I can't see Big Lion Louis, BLL can't see me."
(BLL isn't even in the pic)

By the time we got to the elephants (or as Henry called it, Big Elephant Louis),
Margaret was pretty sleepy. Such a sweet tired look, though.
(HERE we are in the same spot when MG was 3 months)


We enjoyed our day as a family.

2 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Margaret Gray looks so adorable sitting on that turtle! Is Henry touching a real lizard?? He's so brave!

Jenny said...

Big Lion Louis, are you serious??? Haha! I can not believe how unique and special his sense of humor is! Teehee! I love that pic of the two of them together, very sweet. I am so glad you had some family fun at the zoo, you just tell Henry that "Big Deer Louis" is ready to say hi in just a few days, whoohoo! : ) Can't wait to hug Margaret Gray and hear some of Henry's stand up routine in person!