Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween 2012

The Monday before Halloween, I figured I needed to think about costumes for the kiddos. Henry and Margaret Gray had been giving me suggestions that I kindly ignored. Ha.
I was just sure my sister in law, Kate, would have some jewels in her costume closet :)
What in the world am I going to do when we move away?!?!
 
Found the purple dragon Henry wore for his 3rd Halloween. Presented it to MG, and she was excited about wearing it. We paired it with her purple tutu and TADA- a "happy girl dragon".
 
Drove over to Kate's and Henry was beyond thrilled to find the "scary dragon" that his cousin, Thomas, wore years ago when he was Maleficent.
 

See how happy they were?!?
 
 
Simon was going to be the duck Henry wore for his 2nd Halloween, but when I found this dog costume, I knew that's what he had to be... given his love for the canine folk.
(Wish he could have coordinated with the other 2 (knight, dragon breath, castle...) Tried putting Margaret's red tutu on his head to be the dragon's breath, but he wouldn't keep it on. )
 


Henry was trying to get Margaret to hug him for the picture, and when she didn't...
... it left him a little sad.
This kinda broke my heart. :(
 

 Better.
She was not in the mood for pictures. 
 


 
 
Headed over to the Wood's for an early dinner 



Bentons, us, Woods

 
Makes me sad when we do things like this.. our last ______.
Our last trick or treating with their cousins...
 





Simon wasn't so thrilled about trick or treating... wanted to be in bed.
 





 
Their buckets were pretty full... and that was before they went with Tom to PatPat and PawPaw's church's fall festival.
I took Simon home to put him to bed.
 
It was a great Halloween, even if I had my BRAND NEW boots stolen from our car and candy bucket stolen from our front porch... what is this world coming to??

1 comment:

Cassie said...

oh no!!! boots stolen from your car!!! that sounds horrible!!! good thing your kids are super cute to cheer you up a bit! seriously, adorable in their crazy dragon heads :) great pictures as always!