Henry and I spent our Thanksgiving lunch with my dad's side of the family. We always spend Christmas Eve with them, and since we won't be there this year, it was important to me to have some time with these special people.
My dad's cousins live out in East Texas on this old farm. It was such a beautiful day. Too bad Henry didn't feel like expressing that joy in this picture.
Cousins
Henry loved inspecting their tractor
And he actually warmed up to their dog
We had such a yummy feast! All the recipes that I've grown up loving were represented.
(I failed to get a pic of the main table. I wished I had taken pics of the whole house. It's such a neat place- built pre Civil War... I actually found it on Wikipedia!)
Family taking a rest from eating before going on a hike
It was a wonderful day... wished we could have stayed longer, but I was glad we were able to get on the road in time to make it to Tom's parents for Thanksgiving dinner. (a pregnant girl's dream come true- 2 Thanksgiving meals!)
Family taking a rest from eating before going on a hikeIt was a wonderful day... wished we could have stayed longer, but I was glad we were able to get on the road in time to make it to Tom's parents for Thanksgiving dinner. (a pregnant girl's dream come true- 2 Thanksgiving meals!)
I have no pics from the Louis Thanksgiving... I could barely keep my eyes open after eating 2 turkey meals and driving 2 1/2 hours in 1 day.
We have so much to be thankful for and thank God for all of our many, many blessings!




1 comment:
I don't even know where to start...I love Henry's outfit with the sweater vest. What a sweet picture of Henry and his great grandmother! And I love the one of you and him on the swing! Evie can't wait to get to Arlington and play with all of her cousins!!
Post a Comment