"What did you do?", you ask.
Well, that morning, after having pancakes, we went on a family outing to the grocery store.
Later, we went together to buy each other an anniversary gift... a set of frying pans :)
Tom just drove to the mall and said "pick a store"... we were supposed to split up and take 20 mins to choose a gift for the other spouse, but Margaret and I couldn't find anything for Tom... and I really wanted the frying pans instead of the dress Henry and Tom chose for me.
(The traditional gifts for 7 years are copper and wool... well, we just couldn't make the trip to New Zealand work like one website suggested, so we settled for cookware.)
Then we went out to dinner... which was a complete disaster, since Margaret wanted nothing more than to eat and go to bed. As soon as the food came, we asked for the check and to-go boxes. :)
It was nothing fancy, but we were together. What more could I ask for?
I love you dearly, Tom.
The picture above is one of my favorites from our wedding.
While changing out of my wedding dress, I realized that I had forgotten my "going-away" shoes... so I just went barefoot.
(My scanner stinks! I wish I had digital copies of my pics... any suggestions on how to do that?)
3 comments:
Such a great picture! Happy Anniversary...June 28th, right?!
What a fun picture! I can see why you love it! :) You look so beautiful and I am jealous you did a going away outfit- so fun! Sorry that your "romantic" day didn't turn out too romantic but at least you got some new pots! A womans dream! haha
I love the idea of splitting up at the store to get gifts. I'm so glad you guys had a great anniversary! What a great picture from your wedding!!
Post a Comment