My 30th birthday started out with a birthday breakfast with two friends from church.
Michelle and Cheri made up a tasty spread and we had an fun morning at Cheri's house.
Then, on the way down to the ranch, we stopped at the Whitesides' for dinner.
We were excited to see their new place in San Antonio and
Mary Pat made me my favorite birthday dessert- a cookie cake.
Finally, it was my birthday day at the ranch.
(I'm telling you, Rob should quit his career as an Orthopedic Surgeon and make these tacos for a living... they're that good- he would make more than millions!)
Later that morning, the girls took a trip to the nearest town- Junction.
We happened upon their "salon".
The girls treated me to a manicure.
Even though their "nail technician" wasn't there, another lady "did" my nails. She only cut me once.
We had so much fun reading gossip magazines and laughing about life.
The locals must have thought we were crazy.
Late that afternoon, I walked out to the driveway to find this decorated mule. Tom came from the guest house all cleaned up, Amy swooped in and took Margaret from my arms, and Jenny popped up and handed Tom a picnic basket.
Tom said, "Ready for our date?"
I was so surprised!
Tom: Nope.
:)
Thanks girls for helping Tom make this so memorble for me.
After dinner, I got ANOTHER cookie cake- how lucky am I!!?!
Thank you my sweet, thoughtful UTSW friends, loveable children, and dear, dear Tom for making it so fantastic.
Thanks also, friends and family, for the texts, calls, and emails!
(When we got back from the ranch, I got to celebrate with the Louis family- no pics, but a special time together.)
5 comments:
What a FUN and special birthday!!! I had no idea you had all those special things planned for you! I love the picnic date at sunset!
Haha! Great post, with yet another great slew of comments on your part! Love your way of telling a story! I'm so grateful that I got to see you on your big day! Glad you had such a special birthday, you deserved it girl! We all love you bunches!
what a great birthday! :) LOVE jenny dropping a candle and that picture is priceless!! so sweet that they planned the picnic and decorated the mule- hysterical! as only a princess should ride off into the sunset on! haha!
Wow! What a fun birthday:) Happy 30th! Welcome to da club:)
I hope you felt as special as you truly are on your birthday!! I love all of your birthday pictures! The ones from your picnic date with Tom are beautiful!
And it was great to see action shots of Jenny carrying the cake and candles! :)
Post a Comment