Monday, February 7, 2011

Cooper's BDay Party / Charlie's Baptism

This day was too special/ horrible to leave out.
I'm taking you back to October.


I'll give you the short version...

Our friend, Cooper was celebrating his 2nd birthday, and my godson, Charlie, was being baptized.
They live an hour away.

2 mins from their house, I looked over at Henry... he looked at me... he barfed all over himself, Margaret, and both car seats.
(Luckily I had changes of clothes in the car and Liz didn't mind the car seat covers going in her washer.)


We quarantined Henry in Jackson's room for most of the hot air balloon party.
Too bad for him, cause it was super cute and fun!
Liz's creation... she could go into business!



We did let Henry come out for a little while... he kept asking for cake :)

MG really wanted my root beer.

I have to brag on these boots that we and the Blanchers found for Cooper. Charlie wanted to model them.


Friends



Birthday boy

So Henry seemed to be feeling better. Off to the church we went.
(looking back on it, he totally should have stayed at the Delaneys with Tom and Margaret... I guess I just really wanted my family to be there with me)



I was pretty nervous.

Such a sweet time.
Thank you Liz and Colin for this amazing responsibility.

After the actual baptism, I snuck out to check on Tom and the kids who had gone to play on the church's playground. They were doing fine.

Came back in... Liz had gone to feed Charlie.
She came back in.
Reported that Henry had gotten sick again.
Awesome.

After the service, we returned to the Delaney's to pack up our stuff and get our yummy gumbo "to go".

Precious Charlie! I am really looking forward to watching him grow.


My big sicko.


What a day.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh wow, what a day! So sorry again that it all happened to you, couldn't have happened to a sweeter, but yet capable of surviving, family! : ) I loved your pink shrug AND those awesome rain boots you got him, you deserve to brag on those!