Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lake Trippin'



A couple of weeks ago, we joined our med school friends at the McAdams family lakehouse in Brownwood. We were the first family to arrive, so after the kids' nap, we headed out to the boat with Rocky, Amy, and Brinley.







As long as Henry was shielded from the wind, he was good to go.








The next morning, we had some backyard fun while Tom and Rocky played golf.















Before lunch, the Warminskis joined us and we headed out to the crappie house.


Kids really enjoyed floating in their life vests.... which was surprising. Margaret did have trouble balancing in hers, which kind of annoyed her- she wanted to be independent. Finally figured it out the last day.



Saying prayers before lunch- love how Brinley's head is bowed.









She could have done this all day.







Sweet girls





Burkharts arrived on Thursday and

the next couple of days were filled with more swimming, lots of eating, and playing around.





Playing with Play Doh... Margaret tried to "dip" her cracker in it.





Finger Painting











S'mores!










Attempt at a patriotic kids' pic





















Luke and Henry playing baseball




Birthday crew




Really wish you could see the group pic of us when we first came 5 years ago- things have changed! (I was wearing gaucho pants- would those things please come back in style!)

We missed the Hartzlers!!

We are so blessed by this group of friends!!!

Thanks, Amy and Rocky for hosting! (blog title is a shout out to your email about our 1st trip to Brownwood)

2 comments:

Amy Mc said...

I love all your pics- maybe I should get on my email and save the ones you sent me like 2 weeks ago....
Love, your #1 slacker friend
P.S. I have that pic of our first trip, and I will send it to you...oh wait (see above)

Jenny said...

Miss you guys already! I need that pic too Amy, I don't think I have that old one! : ) And I would never have the energy to make an App fondant cake, so I think I get to be her number one slacker friend, that cake forces you out of the competition!