Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Family Photos

I wanted to take some Valentine pics of our family.
I envisioned us sitting on our bed (that I've had since middle school... one day I guess we'll get a new one...ha) and using my handy dandy camera remote (thanks Jenny B!) and taking a casual picture.


Finding a time when the kids were all awake and not crying, Tom was home,and I looked decent was pretty difficult.

I had just finished feeding Simon and told Tom to get the kids inside. The sun was going down and I didn't want it to be too dark. I threw some clothes at Tom to put on the kids (Henry was very close to having a meltdown cause he wasn't able to wear his Josh Hamilton tee), threw some clothes on myself (even though my pants wouldn't button and my shirt was too short), twisted my dirty bangs back, and threw on some makeup... Ta-Dah- we were ready.


It was pretty crazy. I was sweating from wrangling Henry (he kept running off). Margaret kept laying down or sucking her fingers.
Candy was used in the end.
Wished the lighting had been better, but we got some good ones, nonetheless.
Here are my top 500 ones. :)


















One of my favorites- very accurately depicts our life right now.
But wouldn't trade it for a bigillion dollars. Love my family.












Just remembered that we got a good self timer Valentine family photo last year... maybe we'll make it a tradition.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

those might have to be the best family photos ever :) love it!!!! those are some great memories! why dont I have a remote? :(

Megan said...

LOVE THIS POST! You have a beautiful family and I am soooo impressed that you found the time to do this! I know it wasn't easy, but totally worth it! Such a precious family!

Lindsay said...

i LOVE these!! you captured so many great moments in them all. some are so sweet and some just made me laugh. What a cute, fun family :)

Jenny said...

these pictues make me very, very happy! what priceless memories you captured of your PRECIOUS and oh so joyful family! love you guys!