Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Simon 4 & 5 months

I took Simon's 4 month pictures before we left for DC, just never got around to posting them...


Let's see...

26 inches
15 lbs 13 ounces


Was going to bed between 6 and 7, waking up between 6 and 7, and feeding once in between.
Naps were anywhere between 1 and 2 hours.
Really started playing with hands and feet.

Errands got easier with him when I figured out he liked to be facing out in the Bjorn or riding in the stroller.

Better at tummy time. Rolled over for the 1st time (from tummy to back). Henry was the only one to see it.

Big thing this month is that we gave up the swaddle.
I got tired of going into his room several times a night to reswaddle him (even though he was double swaddled with a Miracle Blanket and another blanket). We had a tough 2 nights, then he worked it out. 
Found his thumb in the process.
We started just swaddling his legs.



5 months

This whole month was spent in Washington, DC.
Hmmm....
Think he grew some... had to of considering I fed him 3-4 times a night!
Something got into him this month and I'm not sure I'll ever figure out what was wrong.
He would wake up SCREAMING several times a night and the only thing that would calm him down was if I would feed him. 

Naps were all over the place, too, this month. But averaging 4 a day. Really wanting to cut it down to 3/ day.


Really started to drool.

Rolled over from back to tummy.

Gave up the pacifier.


When we got back from DC, we started intentionally giving him a lovey. Now whenever he has one (or a blanket) he usually immediately puts his thumb in his mouth. Sometimes he'll grab my hair and start snuggling with it.


We love ourselves some Simon!

No comments: