Monday, July 23, 2012

the 4th

That morning we headed out to Arlington's 4th of July parade.
Growing up, Tom went with his family every year.
He wanted to take us since its our last year here. 


PatPat and PawPaw joined us.
We found a great shady spot at the beginning of the parade route. Score.


 
Henry's really into 2 (random) things right now:

Tubas
(He says the "rock n roll ones are red". I have never seen a red one, and I'm sure he hasn't either)
And police motorcycles.
So he was a very happy boy.

 




Not sure what Simon was so upset about... PawPaw was just trying to bond :)
Fun times.

 

That evening we had dinner at PawPaw and PatPat's.
Nothing says Fourth of July like a bomb pop!

1 comment:

Mary Pat said...

I'm having a nostalgic Arlington moment reading your post! Arlington parade and Bomb Pops...two great things! And tubas and police motorcycles are also great things :)