Thursday, March 6, 2014

Margaret Gray's 4th Birthday

Our dear Margaret Gray turned 4 on January 7th!

She had been asking for a "girl lion with a mane party" for quite some time.
Henry kept telling her that girl lions don't have manes, but that did not change her mind.

A week before her birthday, I found a lion pinata on amazon (thank goodness for Prime!) and called the decorations done.
Also found a lion candy mold at Hobby Lobby.
We were set! ha.

When I asked her if she wanted cupcakes or a cake, she said both.
Hmmm.... but then I found a cake on pinterest that incorporated both.


She helped me make the cake and cupcakes.

Then I decorated them during her nap.

On the morning of her birthday, she awoke to her pinata and presents on the dining room table.

And went downstairs to find her present from us.


Stuck a candle in her cereal.
I asked if she wanted to put sprinkles in her cereal... she declined.

That day we went to Bible Study.
I was volunteering in the children's area, and we were so fortunate they placed me in Margaret's class.
It was such a blessing to see her in action and she was kind to share me with her friends.

We ate at Chick fil A for lunch.

During her nap, I finished the "decorating".




My gift wrapping is stellar.



When we asked her where she wanted to go out to eat, MG told us "the place with the big horse statues and honey chicken". 
PF Changs!
Complementary Banana Spring Rolls- fortunately for us, she didn't want them so we ate them all.

Came back home and continued her celebration







Tom had a 1/2 day the next day, so we made a trip to Birmingham's Art Museum after we picked Henry up from school.

They have a great kid's area!






And then returned home to finish off our celebration.
It was cold and dark, so we brought the pinata fun inside.
And used a sword, not a bat.ha
It was filled in left over candy from Simon's pinata, that was left over from Halloween... and pennies I took from Henry's piggie bank. Ha. 

They were excited about the loot!

We had so much fun celebrating our 2nd born! 

One day I will write down everything thing I want to remember about our spunky, beautiful, stubborn, creative, precious girl.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

This is SO cute! I can't believe how you pulled all this together- even the pendant banner and the cute hats. You are such a great mommy!