Thursday, March 20, 2014

Waiting

I got discharged from the hospital around 5 pm on Monday, Jan 27th.
My mom had driven in that day.
We were for sure that Camille was going to make her debut soon and wanted to make sure someone was here to keep the bigs.

The following story needs to be documented.
Tuesday, Tom went to work.
My mom took Henry to school.
After that, she and MG went to the grocery. 

When they got back, she told me it was snowing.
(Simon and I were in the basement and had no clue)
About 10 mins after they got home, I got notification that school was being dismissed in 20 mins due to the weather.
I told my mom that I didn't think the roads would be bad since it was just snow, not ice... and it had just started.

Well... I was wrong.
Mimi returned a bit shaken, having slid their way home.

Went out to play for a little while.
Kids were pretty cold.





Tom was scheduled to only work that morning, so I called him to see when he was going to be able to leave.
He told me he had already left, and was trying to get home.
Trying? TRYING?

This is what he was facing:

He actually was smart enough not to get on that road and took back roads.
Long story, short... he left his car at a dry cleaners and walked the last 2 miles..
It is only a 4 mile trip from the hospital to our house.
It took him 2 hours to get home.

When I realized how bad the roads were, I parked myself on the couch.
There was no way I was going to go into labor in this craziness.
Plus, I wasn't feeling so hot after the being poked, pushed, and prodded 2 days before.
I cried. I was a bit nervous. 
(And thank goodness I hadn't gone to Bible study that morning. It took one lady 3 hours to get from Bible study to a church down the street from me!)

My view from the couch when Tom arrived home.
I was so relieved!
Thank goodness he wore boots that day and had gloves in his car.



I was sad to not go out to play with the kids in the snow, but didn't really feel like it.

Tom, Henry, and MG's snow angels

The next day we were stuck home.
 Exercise videos helped get some energy out of the kids.

 I thought surely getting my toenails painted would put me back into labor.


 Stuck home that Thursday too.

By Friday the ice had melted and I felt good enough, so we ventured out to the McWane Center.

Tom and I went on a date to Chez Fon Fon.
Totally cropped out my backside. ha.
And Simon loves to be in pictures when he's not supposed to be ;)

Delicious.
I was having some pretty strong Braxton Hicks at dinner and we were planning how we would escape if my water broke in the fancy restaurant ;) 


Surely, Camille was on her way???
My mom hated to leave, just to have to turn around and come back.
It was nice having her around too!

Back up... we found out that my Papaw, who lives in Dallas, (mom's dad) had fallen and broken his hip earlier that week.
She felt OK about not going to be with him... not much she could do to help him out.
 So we watched the Olympics.

 She got to go to 2 of his basketball games.
 And when it warmed up, we went to Railroad Park.
Felt so good to be outside.

Sunday, Feb 9th, when my mom had been here almost 2 weeks,
she found out that her mother had a stroke.
Within an hour of her finding out, I had to say goodbye to my mother, so that she could drive to Dallas to say goodbye to hers.

My grandmother passed away 2 days later.
Sad. Very very sad.
Will be hard moving back to Dallas without her there.
I remember her teaching me "Big D, little a, double L, AS" when I was little.
Looking forward to getting together with my grandfather,siblings, and parents in Dallas later this Spring to celebrate her. 

Also, tried to stay calm about what to do with my bigs in case I went into labor.
For a couple of nights, I would text a friend, to put her "on call"... hoping I wouldn't go into labor in the wee hours of the night.



I talked to PatPat and she mentioned that she would be available to come and help if I wanted.
IF I WANTED?!?! OF COURSE! ;)
I hung up the phone with her and immediately called Tom.
"Tom, your mom offered to come. Get her here!"



She got on a flight Wednesday night and made it here in a middle of a snow storm ;) of course.
What was up with this weather?!?!
Her flight was the last before they closed the airport.
Thank you, LORD!!!
I felt a huge weight lifted with PatPat coming to our rescue!


I decided that I didn't want to induce until my due date.
Wanted to put it in God's hands....


Thursday, we tried to go to the Art Museum. Closed.
To the library, closed.
Guess I should have called before driving to both.
Ended up taking the kids to Hobby Lobby- ha. They were thrilled, I tell ya.
But did have fun when PatPat took us out to Chick Fil A.



After getting the kids to bed that night, I gave PatPat the Cliffs Notes on how to get Henry to school and our morning routine, put out the kids Valentines, etc.
I had a feeling something might happen...


Random phone pics.
 39 weeks 1 day... all the bigs came at exactly 39 weeks. 

Hello there. 

No comments: