This weekend, some of the Louis clan met in Austin.
Why Austin? Because when Tom Louis, "my" Tom's great grandfather, immigrated from Lebanon to the U.S., Austin is where he made his home (and a lot of Tom's family still lives there). In fact, his real name was not Tom Louis. Because the immigration office could not pronounce his name,Tom Louis is the name they gave him.
I didn't do a very good job of documenting the weekend, but here are several pics that I did take.
Dinner on Friday night.
On Saturday morning, some of us went to visit two of Tom's great uncles, Joe and Paul.
Dinner on Friday night.
On Saturday morning, some of us went to visit two of Tom's great uncles, Joe and Paul. Here is Henry with Uncle Joe.
A few of the Louis men.. many were not there.
Quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Evie.
Henry with his Great Aunt Sarah and 2nd cousin, Emma.
Tom's brother Walter, cousins- Anna and Laura, and Uncle Alex.
We had dinner catered to the hotel's lobby. I didn't want to have to go and sit in the hotel room while Henry slept. So what did I do? I put him on the floor in the hotel's conference room, of course. For safety reasons, I opened the blinds so I could see in.
A few of the Louis men.. many were not there.
Quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Evie.
Henry with his Great Aunt Sarah and 2nd cousin, Emma.
Tom's brother Walter, cousins- Anna and Laura, and Uncle Alex.
We had dinner catered to the hotel's lobby. I didn't want to have to go and sit in the hotel room while Henry slept. So what did I do? I put him on the floor in the hotel's conference room, of course. For safety reasons, I opened the blinds so I could see in.
No comments:
Post a Comment