Sunday, October 12, 2008

Texas State Fair

On Sunday, we went to the fair with the Burkarts, McAdams, and Warminskis. Every year we look forward to the fair... the cool air, Big Tex, the butter statue. (http://www.bigtex.com/) Our favorite part- Fletcher's Corny Dogs! Delicious!
In honor of the Corny Dog, I made Henry a Corny Dog Onesie... I was quite proud of my Martha Stewart moment. (even though the "stick" came unglued)

Family Pic- Henry eyeing my corn dog.
Yep- hand right in the ketchup.
Tom trying to keep the ketchup from getting all over us.
Meagan saved the day with wipes.

Thanks Amy for documenting this fiasco!

All tuckered out.



The fair has the most amazing, high calorie foods you can imagine.
Some of the foods we enjoyed:

Roasted Corn
Corn dog, of course.
Chicken Fried Bacon
Texas Tator Twisters
Other foods enjoyed- sausage on a stick, caramel apples, and fried s'more. Pretty upset that I forgot to get a funnel cake.


Every year we have to go find Boris the Pig. (This was actually Boris the 3rd... Not quite sure what happened to the 1st 2 Borises....chicken fried bacon?? ) He weighed 1212 lbs! For the sake of posting this pic on the blog, I told Tom to keep the pic G-rated.... for those who have seen him, you know what I mean.

Family Photos





I love to ride rides. But in my wise old age, I guess I have come to the realization that they aren't exactly safe.... and I guess I do have a child to take care of....



Another favorite part of the fair is the Car Show. We like to look at cars we can't afford... who doesn't??
Henry with his uncle, Walter. (We met up with Walter and Megan at the Car Show)
Tom showing Henry how much head room was in this car... a very important feature for a Louis man.
The UTSW Gang (minus Rob and Sari- we missed you guys!)Sisters-in-laws

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Wow, I am impressed with the corn dog onesie! too cute!! :) Have you thought of going into business?!