I woke up at 2:30 am on Thursday morning, and thought "ahh, the sound of light rain..."
2 seconds later, "RAIN!! It can't be! How are we supposed to get to the hospital?!?"
I knew the temps were dropping below freezing and was quite scared of slick roads and traffic jams. I told myself there was nothing I could do about it and fell asleep 2 hours later.
6:30 rolled around and I woke up and got ready.
Tom and I dropped Henry off at PatPat and PawPaw's house and headed to the hospital.
1 1/2 hours later (AHHH! Was supposed to be a 30 min trip! -talk about stressful! Thank goodness I wasn't already in labor), we arrived at the hospital.
We got checked in.
I got an epidural and the team of my doctor, a resident, an intern, an anesthesiologist, and my labor and delivery nurse prepped me for the external version, or in layman terms- a flipping of the bebe.
With my doctor literally on her knees in bed with me, they man handled my belly and were successful at flipping Miss Margaret.
It wasn't painful (thank goodness for drugs) but sure did feel funny.
There was a big "YaHOO!" given by all when she turned.
(I had asked God to be there with His hands on Margaret... guiding her. My prayer is that she will always allow Him to lead her in His ways. Praise Him!)
After letting Margaret and me rest for about 30 mins, my doc broke my water. A little while later, they started the pitocin.
Contractions started getting intense.
I began to push.
Tom was awesome at encouraging me.
5-10 mins later (2:03 pm), Miss Margaret Gray Louis came into this world!
8 lbs 1 oz
20 inches
What an amazing experience!
Meeting Margaret
(Oh, and my mom was there for the whole thing. So glad she got to share the experience with us... and take pics! Thanks Mom!)
(She was wonderful- had warm blankets at the foot of my bed waiting for me... it was like being 1st class on an airplane!)
About an hour after Margaret was born, we were moved to our postpartum room.
Tom checking out Margaret's long feet
After resting for a while, PatPat, Kate, Ella, Thomas, Alice, and Henry came to meet the newest family member (Margaret's #12 Louis grandchild)
After resting for a while, PatPat, Kate, Ella, Thomas, Alice, and Henry came to meet the newest family member (Margaret's #12 Louis grandchild)
(I thought I was videoing Henry meeting his little sister for the first time, but I had pushed the wrong button. ugh. Well, I guess I can't have everything perfect. Anyhoo- he was SUPER excited about meeting Margaret.. giving her kisses, hugs, tearing her hat off...He kept saying "Tister, Tister!")
9 comments:
She's darling and beautiful and wonderful and I just want to hug her right now! : ) This post gave me that excited butterfly in the stomach feeling I am so thrilled for y'all! : ) Way to remember to take a belly pic first too! See, another perk of knowing the day! Oh and Henry is sooo cute!
I'm getting teary eyed now!! I am so happy for you sweet friend. Margaret is perfect. Could things have gone any better?? (well besides the rain!) Praise God for this beautiful blessing.
Congratulations, Tom, Rebekah, and Henry!! We are so excited for you! Margaret Gray is beautiful! Can't wait to see her. Keep posting pics so we can watch her grow and change.
ok the hormones are in full effect and I have tears in my eyes. I love the way you described Gods hands on Margaret as they turned her. So glad things went so well! I hope I only push for 5-10 min! Way to go! Congratulations and good luck with your new transition! :)She is precious!!
Oh, what a sweet post! My eyes were watering too!! The first pictures of you and Margaret are beautiful. And the ones of Tom meeting her are so sweet! Your Mom did a wonderful job as photographer!!
I can't wait to meet her - and to see Henry interact with his new "tister"!! : )
Love, love, love the pictures of your precious baby girl...and the rest of your precious family! Many, many congratulations to you all, special friends and lots and lots of love from here in Shreveport!
She is beautiful! So glad it all went as planned. Those external versions look painful (thanks to my TLC viewing). So glad you had an epidural for it! Can't wait to meet her!
Wow, what a sweetie pie! She is beautiful and you look fabulous too :) I can't wait to meet her (and my mom too)! Is her hair going to be red?! :) :) :)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of mg taking her first sweet breaths and cuddling up on your chest. just too sweet! she's adorable!
Post a Comment