Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ready or Not!

Here she comes!
As most of you know, Miss Margaret Gray has decided to stay breech. In the morning, I'll go in to have an "external version" , where they try to manually turn the baby. Doesn't sound that pleasant to me, but I figured it was worth a try. If Margaret is willing to be turned, then they will induce me shortly after. If she is comfy how she is, I will have a c section.
Honestly, I had been looking forward to an easier, faster labor, delivery, and recovery, and seeing that a c section is major surgery, I'm kind of bummed about that option.
But I have to remember that Margaret being healthy is the most important thing, no matter how she arrives into this world.
It's been a crazy, emotional past few weeks, and I have found comfort in the following verse:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7
My sister in law, Megan, passed it on a few years ago, and it's stuck on my bathroom mirror.
It's a good one! and I'm so thankful that God does offer peace amongst stressful times.

So here we are getting ready for Margaret Gray's arrival:

Tom reading one last story to Henry, as the only child.
I had planned to go get a manicure, but that never came to fruition. So I painted my nails bright pink. I know that several years ago, celebrities painted their nails funky colors.... don't know if that's still the trend, but hey! I might have surgery tomorrow and my nails make me laugh.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to us!

So that's that! We'll let you know how things go!

8 comments:

Mary Pat said...

I can't wait to meet Miss Margaret Gray!! I'm praying for you!

I love those pictures - Henry is going to be such a great big brother!

Elizabeth Delaney said...

Thinking about all FOUR of you, and saying lots of prayers. Can't wait to hear. And I love the nails.

Kristen said...

sending lots of love and prayers your way! everything's going to be great and we cannot wait to meet miss margaret!! xoxo

Casey B said...

We can't wait to meet your newest blessing! No better reason to leave the house on such a cold day!
Oh, and your nails really brighten an otherwise dreary winter. Excellent choice.

Amy Mc said...

Hooray! Welcome Margaret Gray- we can't wait to meet you. Rebekah, your nails look gorgeous, much sweeter than the goth maroonish black I have on :0). You are in my prayers today- I love the Louis fam!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to hear the news today. Thinking of you and praying your family!

Cassie said...

aww...good luck! I will be praying for you! LOVE that scripture too btw. Perfect for the occasion for sure. I know everything will turn out great! and I can't wait to hear how it all goes! :)

sara lindsey said...

i noticed the nails after margaret was born...and i thought you'd had a manicure....just as i meant to do :) and, btw, i love the hot pink.