Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Did It!

I took the kiddos to Shreveport all by myself!
(Tom had to work all weekend)
They did great in the car (even on the way there- when we got stuck in traffic in Shreveport- took 30 mins to go 3 miles- luckily Margaret stayed asleep and Henry occupied himself by "reading" numbers on trucks)
On Friday night, we went straight to my sister, Elizabeth's house and had dinner there.
Henry posing with cousin, "Maddie Mooooo"

Margaret making funny faces with Uncle Chris


Madeline thought Margaret would enjoy talking with her doll, Lila





Saturday afternoon, I took the kids over to my grandmother's house. Margaret Gray was super excited to meet her great-grandmother, Margaret Gray.
She slept in her arms the whole time.



My grandmother has lost her sight, so it was extra special that Margaret was so content in her arms.



Elizabeth, Chris, Madeline, and Sarah Grace met us over there.

I tried to get a pic of the great grandkiddos with Grandmother. Henry was not cooperative.



Sweet Sarah Grace


Henry kept himself entertained by:
talking on the phone,


playing with my grandmother's exercise ball,


and sneaking peppermints.
I thought I had put all the candy dishes away, but I found this little stinker helping himself to a secret stash.



Once again, Henry refusing to take a picture.


So we tried one more great grandkids pic:

"Where's Henry?", you ask...


Ahh, here he is.
Nice.
And that was my cue to go.



While Henry napped off his crankiness, Margaret and I hung out with my parents.




Somehow I didn't get any pics of my parents with the kids.
Margaret enjoyed snuggling with MiMi and Papa and
Henry had fun with them, too- going on walks, seeing the ducks, reading books,


playing their piano,


and showing them how to "open" pecans.


Watching the golfers
It's always nice to go home and spend time with my parents.


On Sunday afternoon, we went to visit our friends, the Blanchers.
Henry and Thomas played really well together.


And Margaret enjoyed being loved on by Kristen.



It was a successful trip... even though there were so many more friends and family we could have seen. (Baby steps, right?) Can't wait to go back and introduce Margaret to even more loved ones!




4 comments:

Megan said...

Margaret is beautiful and of course Henry is as cute as ever!!!

Mary Pat said...

I'm so impressed that you took the kids by yourself! Wow super mom!!

Margaret's eyes are so beautiful and bright!! I love Henry's cardigan...I would love to get the same one for Ryan...is that bad??

Jenny said...

Okay, those close ups of Margaret Gray are beautiful and that one of Henry by the gate is fabulous! Oh I am so impressed by you and proud of you for your super mom traveling skills! Way to go! Teehee, Mary Pat's comment on the cardigan is funny!

The Potters said...

Wow! 2 babies on a road trip all by yourself?! You are a rockstar!