Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Meeting Mamaw and Papaw

Margaret finally met my mom's parents.
What is crazy is that Henry met my grandfather while he was in the hospital almost 2 years ago.
My Papaw told me that I've got to stop having kids, because he doesn't want to go to the hospital anymore :)
At least this time, Papaw was only in the hospital a couple of days and is doing better now.
(and you might be wondering why I take my newborns up to the hospital to see my sick grandfather- nothing contagious)
Papaw said he "wasn't trying to be Hollywood"- that he left his other glasses at his farm.


We enjoyed our visit with Papaw and Henry enjoyed his graham crackers.

The next week (on our way to the Arboretum) we dropped off some food and Margaret got to meet Mamaw Margaret.


Henry had fun playing with Mamaw.
While they were jumping up and down (and I was praying she wouldn't fall) Papaw said that he hadn't seen my grandmother exert that much energy in a while. I'm super lucky that Henry and Margaret get to meet their great grandparents... cause they're super special people.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great pics! It is wonderful they get to know them! I wish my girls could know their grandparents. Mamaw and Papaw look just like I remember them! It's been quite awhile since I've seen them.

Jenny said...

Oh that Hollywood comment is classic! I'm really glad that you have been able to see them lately and that your beautiful kids could brighten their days!