Monday, November 4, 2013

Henry's 1st Day of Kindergarten

We couldn't be more thankful for the school God placed Henry in for Kindergarten!
It's been a sweet school and we really like his teacher!
 He's really doing well (although is learning when is/ is not a good time to be silly) and has made lots of friends.


The night before I got his lunch ready to go... I was nervous about getting to school on time!

Wanted to get to bed early, but our plumbing in the basement had another agenda... 
Midnight- what a mess that was.

My sweet big boy... with visions of scissors and glue dancing in his head.


Not sure what he had for breakfast that day??? But boy howdy, that boy can eat some breakfast.

I did think about getting his teacher a 1st day gift... 
She got a message on a sticky note, instead. ;)


Glad we had time to get some 1st day pics
'cause these are fantastic, I tell you.




I do love how you can tell who is a Kindergartner at his school, and which class they are in, by the bags they carry. 




There's our big Kindergartner!!

Margaret Gray did miss her favorite playmate.
Simon kept asking "Hennie?"

He had a great 1st day... got in the car that afternoon saying "I can't wait to go back tomorrow!"
He continues to really enjoy school.

It does make him exhausted. There have been many unnecessary tears after school, but I feel like he's finally getting used to the schedule. 

I do miss him. :(
And it does blow my mind to think- as he gets older, the less and less we'll see him. 
.... then I start considering Home Schooling. ha. crazy!


Am thankful for the relationship these 2 have formed. 
It was a bit rocky at 1st, but they have figured each other out and have become good little playmates.
(wouldn't it be nice if I had a picture of them playing sweetly, instead of watching a show on the IPad!)
Not putting MG in a preschool was a very good decision..

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love this post and seeing the way god has answered so many of your prayers, even the way that he is confirming you for not putting MG in preschool! Way to go big boy Henry! Love that family of yours!