Here are some random pictures from our 1st month here in Birmingham.
I suffer from taking pictures with my phone, not with my big camera, and haven't uploaded those onto my computer... so these are mostly hanging around the house pictures.
This was my worst pregnancy month.... and unfortunately, it was very long and very slow.
God did bless us with some amazing cool summer weather... although very rainy.
My Papaw gave H this horse hat... it's pretty awesome... too bad I cut it off in the picture.
Kids have loved our staircase to the basement.
It's pretty steep... with concrete flooring at the bottom.
So far, we haven't had any major accidents.
MG was SOOOO excited to unpack her gloves. She had been worried that they hadn't made it from Texas.
Enjoying our backyard.
I'm glad our neighbors have a pretty picket fence... looks good in pictures. :)
We have a pretty incredible hydrangea bush on the side of our house.
Just nursing Big Baby.
When we 1st moved in, all 3 kids slept in "Simon's Room" (which really is Simon and Henry's room, but Henry sleeps in "Margaret's Room"... that will be the Baby's Room, when all the others move back into this room once Baby comes. ha)
We didn't get beds in there for quite some time, so Henry and Margaret just slept on their mattresses on the floor.... they loved this.
Our street signs are pretty wonderful.
I would say that I feel like this city (Homewood) has several missing signs and bad parking... kinda annoying... then I look at the beautiful trees and get over it.
Playing in the street... we do this often since our street is a dead end (only 8 houses) and pretty quiet.... and by quiet, I mean not a lot of cars. We bring the crazy to our street.
There is an ally-like drive that runs between our house and our neighbor.
Our "driveway" is off it, as well as 2 houses that are behind us (even though they face another street).
It kinda makes me nervous... don't feel like I can throw the kids outside as easily as I did on Briarwood.
July was also a hard month for this little guy.
He was sick.
Didn't sleep that well.
And fits were at an all time high. I feel like he screamed every time we got in or out of the car... another thing I'm sure our neighbors welcomed.
Things are much better :)
Boxes proved to be very entertaining.
We had our first friends, the Watsons, over for dinner.
Blake is a fellow fellow (ha) with Tom.
Renna and little sis, Bryce, are so sweet and we are so thankful for them!
FaceTiming- so appropriate to do with a kid in the bath.
I think with the Walter Louises.
Margaret Gray gets hooked on "uniforms"... this dress became one in the month of July.
Fourth of July
That morning we went to a giant rummage sale/ festival at a local church... in the rain.
Then that evening, we drove to the top of Tom's parking garage for a good view of "Thunder on the Mountain".
Simon did not like the fireworks.
We got a special visit from the Burkharts, who were moving back to San Antonio from Indianapolis.
So thrilled they came our way!!
Bride Bekah really was happy to be here!
Our kids just loved playing with these wonderful friends and it was so good to be with Zack and Jenny.
Our kids just loved playing with these wonderful friends and it was so good to be with Zack and Jenny.
Margaret's bed. Wanted to make a slip cover for the headboard, but we all know that's not going to happen.
Finally got in to see a doctor at 11 weeks.
So thankful to see a healthy little baby!
Made the sickness a little better.
I think that's all for July.
I think that's all for July.






























No comments:
Post a Comment