Monday, November 25, 2013

It's a .....

On September 26th, we found out if our family was going to add another little boy or a little girl to our brood.

I wanted to find out the sex together as a family.
And I wanted Henry and Margaret Gray to be able to find out at the same time.

I had several ideas of how to reveal the gender, but nothing seemed to work out.

After I picked up Henry from school, we drug MG and Simon out of bed from their naps, piled in the car, and decided we would figure it out on the way.

I did bring an card and envelope, along with a pink and blue marker, for the sono tech to write down the gender.
Figured maybe Henry and MG could just open the envelope at the same time and be able to tell the rest of us ???


Waiting...


Turned out the sono tech wasn't too keen on the idea of writing down the gender in it's appropriate color, and told me she would just put a picture in the envelope. Alrighty. 

We all looked away while she checked out the baby's goods.

At some point Tom came up with the idea to incorporate Steel City Pops into the reveal. 
We have loved going to this local popsicle place since we have lived in Homewood and I'm glad Tom came up with the idea.


After the appointment, we went out to eat at a nearby Greek Restaurant.




I'm really not the best communicator.
And when I walked into Steel City Pops and saw that there was only a high school boy working, I knew we were in trouble.

I wanted one popsicle to tell us the gender in one bag.
But I also wanted a couple of other popsicles (kids' choices) in another bag.

Poor high school boy, I confused the mess out of him.
He was confused about the sono pic.
He was confused about which flavor I wanted for boy/ girl.
He was confused that I was going to walk out of the shop while he looked at the picture and packed up the special pop.
And at one point, he was confused that I was the one who was pregnant.

Somehow, I cleared up the situation, and he was excited to be a part of the reveal.
Ha.


Went to our local park to find out.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect reveal!!
Depicts our sweet crazy family perfectly.
The video makes me laugh everytime.
And poor Henry... the kid is a bit frazzled these days after a long day at school... any little thing sets him off.

And Margaret Gray was obviously confused that her popsicle was in the other bag... the girl loves lemon lime.

And Simon just wanted to eat the silly thing.

And I had tears from laughing so hard.

I'm sure people were very concerned about our sobbing family.


 IT'S A GIRL!!


Always a bummer when the camera focuses on the lady walking her dog instead of your family...

Everyone regrouped after enjoying their treat... but only for a while.

Many tears were shed when we left the park without playing on the playground... but it was a school night!

Yay for another Baby Girl!!!
I know she will bring much delight to our family.
We are getting closer on finalizing her precious name.

No comments: