Henry's 4th Birthday was April 12th.
We started the celebration by getting some doughnuts on the way to school.
He also brought some cookies and Cars napkins to school for snacktime .
I told him he could open his presents when Tom got home. As soon as Tom walked in the door, he ran to them and started ripping them open as fast as he could.
We let him choose the restaurant that night. He wanted Taco Bueno, but I persuaded him to change his mind to Fuzzy's Tacos.
I knew he wanted a motorcycle birthday cake. I had the worse time deciding on what to do for his party, though. Thought about having it at a park or having people over and getting a bounce house. Then I thought, "why not Chuck E Cheese?".... he agreed. It was kind of a last minute decision and I'm glad his sweet friends could join him. We had it on a Friday morning and were the only ones in the place for most of the party- such a bonus.
These pictures are all over the place since the new blogger kind of threw me off... but don't let that distract you from the awesome-ness of the party.
Getting ready for the Ticket Blaster. These pics get me every time. Not sure what makes me laugh harder- the tucked in shirt or the goggles?!?
I was laughing too hard to really pay attention was was happening. Amy and Kristen pointed out his "pinching" technique. Tom explained to me that he was doing this because he didn't want to let go of the 2 tickets he caught.
He was soo very very happy.
Kristen and Ava (Baby Connor was there, too)
Margaret Gray sat on this "ride" of 75% of the time.
She loved having her "money" and putting the tokens in the machines.
Luke and Vivi. Love his hand on her knee.
The whole Delaney crew was able to come. Love me some Baby Maggie!
Brinley was showing her new found brave side riding on this horse.
Simon's motorcycle onesie didn't last long. Thankfully had another backup motorcycle outfit (Thanks, Leah!) and I had half a brain to remember to bring it.
(Back story on the onesie- The Etsy girl was very kind to rush my order, but accidentally mixed up Simon and Margaret's colors... I had to tell her that they looked great, but I couldn't put my son in a pink onesie. She overnighted me another one. I mean the kid already has pink blankets and bibs, I had to draw the line somewhere)
The Barkers
So glad Tom was able to join us. He was Henry's game playing sidekick.
Liz found these Biker Duckies. Love them.
Party favors- Biker Ducks, key chains (cause you have to have keys to drive a motorcycle- too bad I didn't attach a key to the key chain) and tattoos
Henry enthusiastically asked for a "police motorcycle cake, with red lights on the front and back and all around the bottom". I think he was thinking of his fire truck cake from last year. There was no way I could make the whole cake a motorcycle, so this is what he got.
I really had hopes of the motorcycle standing, but it was too heavy.
Motorcycle Almond Bark
"I only got 2 tickets"

Some very tired kiddos. All partied out. So much fun.
Not sure the video does the experience justice.
We celebrated PatPat's, Tom's, and Henry's Birthdays the Sunday after.
Loved celebrating Henry turning 4!


1 comment:
Such a fun party!!! Henry looks like he had a blast! The pictures from the ticket machine are hilarious! Wow - the cake looks amazing! Great job!!
Post a Comment