We were very fortunate to get all the gang together at the Burkhart's Cloud 9 Ranch mid- March.
As always, brought everything but the kitchen sink.
Loved every minute spending this time with our special friends.
Jenny and Amy had a great idea of giving each couple a date. We took the 1st night.
Its amazing how quiet the outdoors can be.
Margaret loves her Luke.
Baby Benjamin
Bekah, H, and Luke
We got the kids matching outfits. I didn't get a group shot, hoping to steal it from someone else.... but that still hasn't happened.
Going to see the horses
Margaret Gray was so happy. Henry was much more comfortable with them this year.
Simon took a few naps on the porch... here in the playhouse.
I don't think we girls could ever run out of things to talk about.
Boys target practice
For our meal, Tom wanted to smoke brisket. He kind of became obsessed with it.. researching it on the Internet, choosing the perfect cuts at Costco, waking up at 3am to start it, working on it all day... I swear when he retires, he secretly wants to open a BBQ restaurant.
I foresee these 2 causing some major trouble together.
I told Tom that I thought putting them together in the same bed for a nap was a bad idea and it wouldn't work- I was wrong.
Annual golf "game"
Bekah and Brinley were all about dress up... looking their finest to go on a mule ride.
I can guess what our family photos will look like when Henry is a teenager.
A bunch of wild crazies.
Our little group is going through some BIG changes this year.
The McAdams will move to Abilene in June, where Rocky will join an optho practice. He's the 1st of one our group to begin a "real" job. Although we're going to miss living near them, we're so proud of him and their family of FOUR- Amy is expecting in October.
The Burkharts are off to Indianapolis, also in June, where Zack will start his 1 year fellowship... specializing within Ophthalmology. We're excited to see what's in store for their family!
Johnathan will also start an Optho fellowship... his is 2 years. We're lucky to have the Warminskis close by for our last year here.
Rob will begin his last year in Orthopedics up in Minnesota, then will be taking his family to several places (including FRANCE) for his fellowship starting June 2013. He's also accepted a position for a "real" job with a practice that is near and dear to our hearts :)
We are so very grateful to Dr. and Mrs. Burkhart for hosting us every year.
Our friendships are priceless and we are so blessed to be able to spend such sweet time together.



1 comment:
Looks like a great trip! That's really neat that everyone gets to do a date night. The picture of you hugging Henry is really sweet! Love the one of Simon looking back over his should is adorable - and the one of him on the floor mat with the doll :)MG looks like a pro on that horse!
Post a Comment