Just a little documentation of hanging around our apartment.
The 1 bedroom place faced out to a busy street. You could hear every honk, every siren... but the kids loved watching the hustle and bustle down below. I was thankful it gave them something to do :)
Toob animals have been a hit with my kids this trip... in the car and at the apartment.
Watching the Rangers play on the kids' "bed" at our 1st apt ... I really hope that when we go back and people ask Henry what his favorite thing to do in DC was, he won't reply "Watch TV!!"
The kids' new bed. A bit tall, wouldn't you say? We've tried to make it safe, but I hate to report that Margaret Gray has fallen off twice.
I won't ever get over the sweetness of these 2 while they sleep... but who am I kidding- Henry's probably pushing her off.
Living Room
There's a little nook with a desk (we don't have wireless internet, "gasp") and I try to keep the kid's toys over there
Henry told me Simon was telling him a secret
Our building spans a block, so this is the busier side...
Very thankful I ran across this in our garage and brought it with us. (Sarah, isn't this yours?)
Simon's getting tired of being on his back and belly.
There is a courtyard at our place. We enjoyed a popcorn snack out there one afternoon.
Kitchen
Henry told me Simon was telling him a secret
Our building spans a block, so this is the busier side...
And the more peaceful side. That's the Portrait Gallery at the top. If I turned around I'd be looking at the Navy Memorial and the National Archives.
More TV watching
Very thankful I ran across this in our garage and brought it with us. (Sarah, isn't this yours?)
Simon's getting tired of being on his back and belly.
Margaret wearing it as a hat
There is a courtyard at our place. We enjoyed a popcorn snack out there one afternoon.
View from our bedroom
Legos (Thanks, Amy! Henry's really enjoyed building with them and Margaret stashes them in random places)
Random shout out to Simon... poor little fellow has had a hard time adjusting (ie- bad sleeping). Today was a much better day, so there's hope for the rest of the month.
1 comment:
Ok, first off, love the place. Looks nice and spacious, and you couldn't ask for a better location! Secondly, oh my goodness, I didn't know I bought him actual tiny size legos! I meant to get the larger duplo size! Hope they haven't been a pain in the bootie. :0?
Post a Comment